- Chrysalis Academy welcomes learners from diverse backgrounds and cultures as this exposure to differences, enrich and grow all our learners.
- We teach tolerance and acceptance irrespective of the challenges that our learners face.
- We consider each child as a creation of our Father in Heaven and, as such, embrace a Christian value system.
- At the school we encourage learners to interact with nature and animals in order to foster a sense of responsibility and empathy with the environment.
- The focus of the School is on the development of the individual within the group whilst fostering the social and emotional skills to relate to all cultures and views in a broader sense.
- We endeavour to create humble, loving, tolerant and confident human beings who will go out into the world and contribute to the betterment of any community they may find themselves a part of.
- Chrysalis Academy enables every learner to be productive and valuable citizens of our country.
- Chrysalis Academy strives to empower each individual learner with the skills that he or she may require to make a success of life whether it be tertiary education, career-orientated apprenticeships or skills development.
- By implementing a range of extra-curricular activities and sport we endeavour to develop learners holistically.
CHRYSALIS ACADEMY TEACHERS:
Chrysalis Academy employs qualified, skilled teachers to teach our learners and also offer extended tutoring and intensive remedial coaching on a daily basis. Many of our teachers are not only qualified as educators, but also as counsellors and in specific fields of psychology which enable them to better assist with a range of challenges.
Each learner receives appropriate Remedial Therapy during the course of his/her school day in the classroom as lessons are taught. The small class sizes enable educators to spend time with each learner. A number of programmes are available for working particularly with learners with ADD or ADHD as well as Auditory Processing problems, dyslexia or mere gaps in different learning areas.
A range of therapies are available for those learners who need Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy or Counselling as well as AIT, NLP, CBT and ILT. The educators and therapists work as a team and liaise with one another in order to form the best possible support system for the learner.